Friday, February 11, 2011

Ad Crush

It's been awhile since I actually posted something about graphic design. I've been meaning to share this for since the first time I saw one of the new Diet Coke ads, but I never had my camera on me at the right time and I couldn't find a picture on the internet, until now.


















I'm crushing on these new Diet Coke environmental ads. Here in Chi City, I've mostly seen billboards, but how funny is this? I'm really not sure if this was photoshoped or not, though I'm leaning towards YES because I've never seen a Starbucks with window advertisements and I HIGHLY DOUBT they would allow one deterring people from buying a latte.

I'm a sucker for big cropped typography, and that's my favorite things about this. Coca Cola is like an American muscle car, it's a classic—even without that photo of the bottle, you'd know it's for Diet Coke. The cropped type is interesting and when you see one of these billboards in real life, it really does catch your attention. And really who does have time to stand in line for a latte? Ok, I do. I love me a skinny vanilla latte, but that's beside the point. This ad makes me want to drink Diet Coke again, even though I don't really like the taste. That's the power of graphic design.

Please tell me I'm not alone here.

2 comments:

  1. I am a Diet Coke junkie... well, recovering anyway. I don't drink pop hardly at all these days, but if/when it happens -- it is always Diet Coke. And I LOVE cropped typography as well. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete