Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I had a marvelous weekend. I got to see my momma and daddy, my sisters, brother, brother in-law and my adorable little nieces, meet my parents' new foster kids, and I got to have dinner with an old friend. We didn't do much, except hang out and catch up. Which was just fine with me, since I hadn't seen them since Christmas. Weekends like the one I had, are what make really want to move to back to Michigan.

I feel so un-American today. It was voting day here in Chicago, and I didn't vote. I'm so mad at myself, usually I'm the person getting after people to make sure they get out and vote. But, I didn't do my research about the candidates and I refuse to vote for someone, when I don't know what they stand for. This was a big election too - we're electing a new mayor. Fun fact today was the first time in 22 years, Richard Daley wasn't on the ballot.

I took a 400+ question aptitude test today, just to see what the results were. I was happy when the results concluded that I should be in a creative field. Interestingly though, the number one job it suggested for me was, highway worker, I'm confused as to how that's a creative field. Maybe I'm missing something?

I'm seriously considering, trying to start my own freelance business. It's really intimidating though, and there are lot's of stuff I would need to do to prepare. Like, redesign my portfolio website (I've hated it since the day I designed it, but time was running out and I had to finish it my senior year), get business cards reprinted, figure out how much to charge, find work, etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment