Sunday, April 3, 2011

Niceness

It has been quiet awhile since I blogged about the NICE Assignments, that I used to do. Actually, I still do some of them and other nice things, just have shared. But this morning, I wanted to share a nice little story with you.

A couple of weeks ago, Timmy got home from work late. A man had showed up at Midas (where Tim works) after they had closed, wanting a light bulb installed. Tim had just finished up all of the closing stuff, but told the guy he could quickly install it for him at no charge. After the new light bulb was in, the man tried to give Tim some money, but didn't have any cash and wanted to write him a check for $10. Tim told him that it was really alright, and if he wanted to repay him to just continue bringing his car there for service.

Yesterday, Tim came home from work and asked me if I remembered him telling me the story. Of course I did, because I was impressed with how nice he had been. Well, that same man had came back by the store. He had came back to give Tim a gift certificate to his restaurant, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse $ Wine Bar, a pretty fancy place downtown. And the gift certificate wasn't just for like a free appetizer or something (although that would have been just as nice). It's for $50! Also, I guess it can be kind of tough to get reservations there, so the guy gave Tim his business card and told him to call him if he had trouble getting a table. All of this for taking 15 minutes and installing a light bulb!

You know what they say, what goes around, comes around. It pays to be nice people.

1 comment: