Monday, June 13, 2011

Homeless in 15 days?

I have so many updates and happenings in my life, that I don't even know where to start. So, I'll start with this—it is quite possible that Timmy and I will be homeless in roughly 15 days. Scary thought uh? It is for me, and it's had me stressin' like crazy for the last week. How is it possible that we could be homeless?

Remember when I shared that we were able to get out of our next lease for our current place, and how excited we were? Well, we're still happy we're able to get out of it, but the apartment we applied for fell thru...long story, but don't worry I'm sharing.

Although I work for two real estate agents, we went through an apartment finding company to find our next place. We did this for two reasons, the agents I work for don't do rentals and I looked in the MLS (that's the database realtors use) and didn't find anything that would work for us, since I need to be close to public transit to get to work and stuff.

Anyway, Tim went and looked at a few places about a week and half ago. I wasn't able to go, but he found one that exceeded all of our criteria, so in fear of someone else snatching it up, I said let's go for it! We put in our app and that's when it all started going downhill.

First, whoever ran our credit report made a type-o and it came back that Tim's SSN belonged to a deceased man. Then the landlord took forever to get back to them and when she finally did, she told them she wanted us to pre-pay our rent with 11 posted dated checks that she would cash at the beginning of each month. Tim and I said noway no how we're doing that, but offered to set up a direct debit from our account on the 1st of every month. They relayed this to the landlord and I guess she didn't respond to it very well. We learned today, we won't be getting the apartment, she's been "red flagged" in their system and they're no longer willing to list her condo for her. DRAMA. I guess it's probably for the best that she won't be our landlord, but man was I looking forward to in unit laundry!

So where does that leave us? Hopefully we'll see a few more places on Wednesday and can move quickly to secure one. Otherwise, Timmy is going to have one stressed, grumpy, scared, nervous, emotional mess of a pregnant wifey.

2 comments:

  1. Move back to Michigan? haha

    Don't worry, I know this sounds cheesey, but everything happens for a reason and it will all work out! (Check out my blog for an even cheesier video to maybe cheer you up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I wish we could move back to Michigan! But then we'd be homeless and jobless :(

    ReplyDelete