Thursday, June 16, 2011

Love Bean's Bedding

Timmy and I have our baby registry just about complete. I think the only things left to add are stroller and car seats, but not 100% sure about that, have to have my momma look it over one more time to make sure I didn't miss anything. Registering for our little love bean was so overwhelming! One thing I learned is that I have expensive taste in baby stuff. But I think we did a good job of narrowing it down and finding less expensive options for most everything.

The hardest decision was crib bedding! I thought I really wanted a girl, because girl stuff is so much cuter, but I quickly learned that boy crib bedding is more my style. We ended up going with something neutral for two reasons; my girly choice was a too expensive at $45 a pop for crib sheets and Tim had the final say, and what we ended up going with was his favorite of all the options.

Here's a look into how we made up our minds.

Before we knew our love bean was a girl, we were both liking DwellStudio's Transportation set. We loved the graphic print, colors and that everything wasn't really matchy-matchy.
























Once we learned our love bean was a girl we started looking for something along the same lines, but girly. Not much luck really, is it a rule that girl crib bedding has to be pastel and flowery? We landed on DwellStudio's Sparrow Lilac for a bit. Girly, graphic, but the colors we still too light.
























At this point, I'm in love with DwellStudio and decide that the Skyline Lt. Blue set could work for a baby girl, but wasn't 100% sold because, it seemed a little boyish and I couldn't decide if it was weird to have skyline themed bedding in the city.



















After I had exhausted all my DwellStudio options, I was on the hunt for something else. I looked at all the girl crib bedding at the Buy Buy Baby (where we registered) but didn't see anything that jumped out at me. While poking around on Pinterest one day I found Auggie. It hit all my criteria, girly and NOT matchy-matchy, I love the mix of patterns. But at $45 a pop for one fitted crib sheet, it seemed a little pricy.
























In a last ditch effort I went back to the crib bedding on Buy Buy Baby's site. This time I looked under the neutral bedding section. I had skimmed it before, but this time I took my time and found the Mod Dot set. It met all the criteria, wasn't too expensive and was Timmy's favorite. So onto the list it went.

2 comments:

  1. now that is some extensive research. you are funny;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love it (your research & your choice!)

    ReplyDelete