Saturday, August 20, 2011

Goodbye Dino

I get to say good bye to my dinosaur of a laptop! After lots of issues and three trips to talk to the Geniuses at the Apple Store, last night I brought home a brand new MacBook Pro! I haven't switched over to yet...I'm calibrating the battery. Should have done that last night.

At the beginning of June of my old laptop totally freaked out and did this weird static-pixel thing. At the time I had to choose between replacing the logic board or getting a new one. Two months ago, life was crazy, we were trying to move and they could guarantee that I wouldn't lose any information from hard drive. So, we replaced the logic board.

Fast forward to mid July. Laptop starts randomly turning off and getting really really hot, like burn your legs hot. We dealt with it and kept talking about how we should have it looked at again. I took it in to the Genius Bar. The guy I talked to too pretty much told me I wasted my money replacing the logic board and that I should I bought a new computer then. But, he couldn't tell me WHY my computer was randomly turning off. I left annoyed and with no other choice than to just deal with the random shutting down.

Timmy and I discussed getting a new laptop, but with the love bean on the way we didn't really want to spend the moo-la on it. Especially after just paying $770 for a new logic board two months ago. Well a couple days ago, my old dinosaur shut down and wouldn't come back on. Another trip to the Apple Store for this girl.

Thankfully, this time the guy I talked to, Will, was AWESOME! He did some trouble shooting, got my laptop to power up, and even though the error code that was coming up wasn't in his Apple Support, he agreed that it probably had something to do with the new logic board. Since it still fell under the warranty he said they would replace it for free. Thinking it couldn't hurt anything to ask, I asked, "So is it possible to credit the money for the logic board towards a new laptop, rather than replacing it?" He said it wasn't something they typically do, but he'd ask a manager.

A few minutes later, he came back with good news and introduced me to Chris, who helped me get set up with my new laptop! I was a happy girl and it must have shown because as I was leaving, Chris said to me, "I've never seen someone so laid back about having to replace their computer after it crashed twice."

This morning I'm still happy with how everything played out, and can't wait to get everything transferred over to the new laptop!!


No comments:

Post a Comment