Monday, August 22, 2011

Love Bean Update: 35 weeks

I'm two weeks from being considered full term! I'm starting to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Though I heat these last 5ish weeks will seem to be the longest, I'm really not that worried. I'm still really little, so I haven't really been that uncomfortable, besides the occasional baby foot jabbing my rib cage. Really through out the last 8 months my only complaint has been that I can't enjoy a beer or a margarita every now and then.

Overall being preggo has been better than I expected. But there are a few things that I've been disappointed about and a few things that I've discovered that I'd like to share.

  • No cravings! I really just wanted to wake up at 3am wanting to eat something crazy and make Tim go out a get for me. No luck. I've tried to fake it, but he sees right through me. 
  • The glucose test isn't bad. I was dreading having to drink the sugar drink because I'd only ever heard about how horrible it was. I was imagining having to drink a 2 liter of this nasty stuff, but it turns out it's like 3 big gulps of a flat pop. If I can drink it on the "L" with no chaser and without gagging, then it can't be that bad. 
  • Comparing your pregnancy to other people's isn't worth the anxiety it causes. Every mom and every baby are different.
  • Young men and women not giving up their seat on a crowded train or bus. My whole pregnancy I've only had 3 people offer me their seats. I've only actually said yes once, but it's the thought that counts. I'm going to give my fellow commuters the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to the fact I didn't really look pregnant for the first 7 months.
  • 3D ultrasounds are creepy. At one of my ultrasounds the tech turned on the 3d machine because she was having trouble getting a clear image - creepiest thing I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I love the little bean inside of me, but I had to look away. 
  • Roughly 5 weeks to go and I'm still waiting for that "nesting phase" to hit. I hope this isn't another one of those things moms exaggerate and that it does actually set in, because love bean's nursery isn't even close to being ready for her
  • You need to educate yourself! I read a lot of articles about pregnancy related stuff, just ask my family. They get really sick of me saying "I read that..." I just think it's important to know what's going on with your body and baby so you can make the best decisions for both of you. 
  • I haven't experienced crazy mood swings, but I have noticed I get annoyed by little things a lot easier. For example the other day on Facebook I saw someone called the "Magnificent Mile" the "Miracle Mile" (that's the nickname for the shopping on Michigan Ave. here in Chicago) and it annoyed me for like half the day. Normally I wouldn't even think twice about it.
I'm starting to get really anxious about what life will be like once love bean's enters the world. This is starting to eclipse my fear of labor, so it's kind of a welcomed distraction. 

3 comments:

  1. Jamie-I agree with everything you said. And who doesn't give up their seat for a pregnant woman!? Also, nesting phase will set in I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be forgetting how pregnant you are! I don't know why, but this post just made me realize. I guess it's because I don't see you often enough. I'm so excited for you two & I'm excited to see Stella once she is born! I'm sure Mandy & I will make a trip as soon as you give us the go ahead to come see you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget how pregnant I am! I think it's mostly because I seriously look like what most women look like at 6 months. YAY! You and Mandy can make a trip to see her whenever you want after her arrival!

    ReplyDelete