Monday, October 24, 2011

Tasty Morsels: Part 2

Time to review the dishes from my original Tasty Morsels post!

Day 1: Creamy Basil Pesto with Cheesy Bread
This was a great start to the series of Pinterest recipes. Typically, I favor pasta dishes with creamy sauces, but this homemade Basil Pesto was pretty darn good. It was really light and fresh, and it was even good the next day. The Cheesy Bread, was super super good! The recipe makes A LOT, so hubs took a bunch with him to work the next day and all the guys at his shopped loved it. Will I make it again? Yes to both

Day 2: Twice Baked Potato Casserole
I served this as our main dish, well actually it was the only thing I served. But it really is more of a side dish. I read casserole and assumed I wouldn't have to serve anything with it, but it's really just mashed potatoes with a few extras. Will I make it again? Yes, but as a side

Day 3: Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls
YUM! These are delish and so so easy to make. It's really versatile too. You could also put it in a taco shell like my hubs, or use it as more of a dip. Will I make it again? Yes!!

Day 4: Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells
I ended up skipping this recipe. I didn't have any leftover pesto like I thought I would and we had a lot of the chicken taco bowl left, so we ate that again.

Day 5: Cauliflower Crust Pizza
I was very nervous about this dish, because I had never tried anything like it. It turned out really good though. Hubs couldn't believe the crust was made from cauliflower. I topped our pizza with sauteed red and green peppers, onion and bacon. I think the crust would even be good on it's own with some veggie dip or something. Will I make it again? Yep

Day 6: Black Bean Soup
I didn't end up making this either. But I still want to try it someday. 

Day 7: Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
The recipe called for Italian Dressing, I thought that was odd, but I added anyway. Turns out it was weird...neither hubs or I really liked this. I have a similar Taco Lasagna recipe that I'll continue to use instead. But I will add the black beans from this one. Will I make it again? Nope

Timmy's Special Request: Blueberry Bread
This was pretty good, although it was a little bit crumbly. It was really pretty when it came out of the oven. Will I make it again? Probably


You can find the recipes and links to the original sources via my Tasty Morsels Pinterest board.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about you tasty morsels! Jess told me he wanted me to try what you were cooking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS. I made the southwest chicken wraps on my board tonight, SO easy and SO good!

    ReplyDelete