Saturday, March 6, 2010

50 State Before We Die.

Family vacations are some of my most favorite childhood memories. Growing up my siblings and I were very blessed with parents who had the means to take us on trips we'll never forget. Like our trip to Montana, where we went white water rafting, visited the Little Bighorn Battlefield (which I loved, because I wanted so badly to be an Indian), and got stranded on the side of a huge mountain in our big green van.

Because of memories like these, I've always promised myself to do the same for my kids someday. Luckily, Tim likes this idea. And we have made a pact to vacation in all 50 states before we die. Since we don't have any children, and don't have plans in the near future to have any...we'll start without them, but may have to double back to a couple places. Especially, if we go to Florida...every child NEEDS to go to Disney World!


So far we only have two states to color in...
  • Tennessee: we honeymooned in The Volunteer State last July. A secluded cabin the woods, so romantic.
  • Illinois: we have lived here for now almost a year and it's seemed like a vacation much of the time. Chicago offers so much, it's hard not to fall in love with this city.
We both grew up in The Mitten, but we're not filling it in on the map, until we've vacationed there together! Currently, we don't have any set plans for our next trip, but hopefully something will be in the works soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment