Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tattoo?!


I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for awhile, but until recently I hadn't really been that serious about it. I couldn't think of anything I would want on my body for the rest of my life, but I think I've finally decided!

After a lot thinking I chose the words—create yourself—because I feel everyone has the opportunity to become whom ever they want. Every passion you pursue, every mistake, every choice you make shapes your life and creates who are. The tattoo would serve as a reminder to myself, to thoughtfully live life and make conscious decisions to create the life I want for myself.

Is that getting a little too deep? Maybe...but what do you think, should I get the tattoo?! I'm trying to decide on a typeface. The designer in me cares A LOT about this. I think I've found my top 9 and I'm leaning towards a serif typeface. But I would like some opinions. What do you think of the idea? What typeface do you think would look best on my forearm?

9 comments:

  1. I agree on the serif. Loving #8. I'm not exactly sure all of the "recommendations" for tattoos, but probably nothing too condensed due to the aging process...

    But then again, I really don't know much about tattoos. I'm probably wrong.

    Love the idea, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 or #9 - this one makes me think of you more for some reason...

    be aware - they ARE addicting. i love tattoos! i've been thinking about getting type on my wrists...kind of where rachel's is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy #9 probably makes you think of me because it looks A LOT like the typeface I used on my wedding invitations :)

    I'm leaning towards 3, 4, 8 and 7. Maybe I should try them in bold, or talk to a tattoo artist about what's best. It will be sort of small, I'd get it on the inside of my forearm right by my elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no designer.....but i do like #7 =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if you've done it or not yet but I'll be the voice of reason. DON'T get one at all!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I haven't done it yet....I was all for it, and now I'm starting to rethink it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I know you wanted your tattoo on your forearm what if you had it on your wrist or maybe up and down your forearm. But I like...#9.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tattoos are SO fun! Mine is a peace sign on the inside of my ankle that says "equity" around one side of it. I was apprehensive too, but I LOVE it! The reason that I got it was as a constant reminder of who I'd like to be and of the mindset of my youth... it has served as such. I say go for it! And I realllly like #9!

    ReplyDelete