Thursday, September 2, 2010

NICE Assignment: Say it with chocolate

Two posts in one day, aren't you lucky ;) I just couldn't wait to share this...

For those of you who may have just started reading my blog, I've promised my to complete every NICE Assignment posted on Operation NICE. Well this week's was to "Say it with Chocolate"
So why don't you surprise someone this week with a sweet treat! It could be a stranger (like an airline crew) or someone who helps you out every day (like a barista or coworker), or maybe even your significant other (so you can swipe a piece for yourself). ;) Whoever! Make someone's day with some chocolatey goodness.
Well, I was really nervous about this assignment and contemplated not doing it, but on way home from the library tonight I passed this cute little chocolate shop and couldn't resist going in. The chocolates there are beautiful—hubs if you ever read this, I'd love a box of these :)  So, I decided to buy a little box of 6 chocolates and complete the assignment.

Since I live in a fancy schmancy building with a doorman and valet parking, I thought about giving it one of them, but then I remembered the maintenance men, who don't get tipped like the doorman and parking guys. I always enter through the back door and it was perfect timing, because one of the guys was going back in after dumping some trash. Although he was wheeling a big trash can, he still smiled and held the door for me.

After we were both inside, I handed him the box, saying "These are actually for you, just as a little thanks for all you do around here"  He smiled big, shook my hand and told me to have a good night. It was such a rewarding experience for me. I'm so glad I didn't chicken out.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Isn't the whole 'random act of kindness' thing fun! One thing though...next chocolate assignment...PICK ME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dona, it was hard not to keep some for myself! They looked so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I haven't completed this assignment yet, but I am very in to these NICE assignments -- thanks to you! I cannot wait to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Angie, I can't wait to start these assignments thanks to you! I'll be sure to post about my adventures in completing them!
    www.mamabearshideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so brave! i would have so chickened out!!

    ReplyDelete