Thursday, September 2, 2010

So, that’s the command: Thou shalt have great sex

This will be quick and painless...well actually if you read what I'm about to share and can relate to it, it actually might be a little painful. I found this excerpt of a sermon on a blog, while I was looking for ideas to add to my "25 before 25 List" which I'll be posting soon.

"A guy who has sex with a girl without marrying her is like a bulimic with food. A bulimic loves the taste of food but doesn’t want to keep the nutrients or calories in her body, so she tastes, swallows it, and then vomits it back up. That’s what a guy is doing to you… he is tasting oneness with you, but then throwing you back up because he doesn’t want to become one with you."
I found it really strange serendipitous that I randomly stumbled across this blog post, (there are some other great excerpts there and a link to the sermon, which I haven't listened to yet) because while getting ready this morning I was thinking about how sex before marriage and having many different partners has become so acceptable. It seems girls at younger and younger ages are feeling like the have to have sex with a guy in order for him to like and want her, or that she'll have some sort of power of him. Newsflash - having sex with him, will not give you power. Holding back something he really really wants gives you the power.

Some may think this, sounds hypocritical or judgmental, and I don't mean it to. Confession - I didn't wait 'til my wedding night to open my present. That was really hard to write, since my parents read this, but I'm sure they assumed. But even so, this is a topic that has been weighing on me a lot lately. Not really sure why...

Well the moral of the story is - don't get thrown back up, wait for the guy who wants and is ready for oneness with you, because then you'll have really great sex, not just sex—trust me on that one. (TMI I know right?!)

2 comments:

  1. Jamie-
    I wanted to share that I think this took alot of courage to write and that I agree with you. It is a sad situation that many young (and not so young) girls put themselves in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good read, if we could only turn back time for ourselves but at least I have a chance with the girls:)

    ReplyDelete