Friday, October 22, 2010

My Style | Tall Boots

By no means, do I consider myself a fashionista. More often than not, I stare blankly into my closet wondering what to wear. And then asking Tim a million times, "Do I look alright" "Are you sure? You're not just saying that to shut me up, are you?!"

I think this is partly because, now that I live in Chicago, there is this imaginary pressure in my life to dress more "city". But despite those feelings, occasionally I pull together a cute outfit. And it seems like every blogger out there does a style post. So I've decided to try taking a crack at writing a style post every now and then.

The topic of my first "My Style" post...how I style my tall boots, inspired by Mama Bear's comment on my Boot Scoot and Boogie post. You'll have to forgive my hurried Photoshop techniques and my face. I  was planning on cropping my head out, but it just looked weird...

















Look 1: For this first look I paired my new brown boots with skinny black jeans and a menswear inspired button down (I bought mine at Forever 21, but if you and your man are close to the same size, just borrow one of his!). To make it look a little more polished, I added the blazer. Some people don't think you can/should wear black and brown together, personally I like it. They're both neutrals, so they go with anything, even each other!

Look 2: This look, I was most self conscious about wearing, I always feel that way in leggings...I don't know why though. It was really comfy! I cinched the wrap sweater at the waist with a belt, it doesn't really show up in the picture though. This type of outfit is perfect for a warm Fall day.


Look 3: Dress + tights + boots = cute. That's my general rule of thumb. You may not be a fan of my bright pink stripped tights with the blue and black plaid dress. But I think it works, and I'm the one wearing it right?! And just so you all know, the plaid is very very small.

I guess that's about it...let me know what you think of me doing style posts...I don't want to do them if everyone thinks I dress horribly!! Wait...on second thought, maybe I don't want to know if you think that...

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! Maybe I'll get brave from the inspiration and actually wear my boots :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always considered you a fashionista--and a funny one at that! "You'll have to forgive my hurried Photoshop techniques and my face."

    You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you Katty!

    Haa you liked the bit about the face...I look like such a dweeb in them, especially the middle one with the head tilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You have always been very outgoing with fashion and I love that. Boots=my favorite thing EVER!! I love my short boots. I want MORE!!

    ReplyDelete