Thursday, April 22, 2010

NICE Assignment: Call for Testimonials

So, I'm about 10 days late completing this assignment, but like they say "better late than never."

Last week's NICE Assignment was a call for testimonials. That means share a story about something nice someone did or said to you, big or small. I have two stories to share!

One thing about living in a city like Chicago, that isn't always enjoyable, is riding the bus or the 'L'. And that's what makes this first nice testimonial so wonderful. Last weekend, hubs and I were on our way to meet up with my parents, after transferring from the Brown Line to the Red Line, we were pleasantly surprised by an up beat train operator.
"This is a Red a Line train heading to 95th, making all stops. Including Sox 35th, White Sox stadium, US Cellular Field, also known as The Cell"
"Next stop Roosevelt—Museum Campus, walk to the Shedd, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium" 
He didn't really do much, other than happily announce the stops and at a couple stops he even added his own commentary, but it was enough to make both of us smile and enjoy our half hour ride on a crowed train.

On to my next testimonial. This weekend, I have a bridal shower to attend! I'm excited, because I love weddings, sometimes I think I should have been a wedding planner, I guess I still could, I'm only 23 after all. But I digress...back to my testimonial. Before I even went, I was having a hard time deciding on what to buy and even though I just got married last summer, I couldn't even remember what gifts I was most excited about, and sometimes once you pick something off the registry, you can't find it in the store, so to say the least I was a bit overwhelmed before even getting to Macy's.

So, I arrive at Macy's and located the in store registry printer, print the registry. While standing there looking over the registry and trying to remember what everything looked like online, because there were no photos on the print out, the nicest employee came up and asked if I wanted help. I said that I was just trying to find a shower gift, but hadn't really decided what I wanted to buy. She proceed to tell me what floor the items were on (which is very helpful when the Macy's your at is like 8 stories) and then walked me around the lower level and pointed out which sections the majority of items were in, made small talk, and made some suggestions for shower gift ideas. She really made the trip more enjoyable.

These two stories really show how it's the small things that can make someone's day a little bighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment