Tuesday, August 31, 2010

That Reminds Me...

My lunch today was a tuna fish sandwich and a bag of BBQ potato chips. Which caused me to change my Facebook status to "BBQ chips remind me of my Grandma Marie" and that my friends is what inspired the idea for this post.

There are certain things that always, always, always remind me of a specific person, moment or time in my life. I thought it might be fun and interesting to document some of those things here.

BBQ Chips
I always think of my Grandma Marie (my dad's mom) whenever I eat them. I know it's odd, but I remember eating them at her house. She always kept them in a Tupperware container not in the bag, which is why I think it's memorable.

Owls
The bird, the word, a drawing, anything that has an owl on it or has to do with owls, makes me think of my friend JoJo (this of course is not her real name, it's my nickname for her). Other than she really likes owls, I don't really have a reason to always think of her when I see them.

Greenday
Like 4 years later, whenever I hear a Greenday song, I think of one of my ex-boyfriends. He's pretty much the reason I started listening to them and after he broke my heart, I couldn't listen to them for like a month (lame and overly dramatic I know, but I'm over it now so give me a break). But because he broke up with me I met my hubs, so it's all good. But Greenday does still remind me of him.

Screwdrivers
The drink not the tool. Ah, to be a freshman in college again. We were crazy. Enough said.

Fireballs
You know those little hard candies that are really hot? Yeah, those little buggers remind me of the times at my Grandma Marie's, when my sister and cousin would sneaked downstairs to get them in the middle of the night (I never went, because well I'm a pansy and am scared to get in trouble) they would always put bubble gun flavored toothpaste on them, because they thought they were too hot.

Well, I think you get the idea...tomorrow is September 1st already, so that means another love list. I'm going to change up how I do the monthly love lists so, yeah they should be more fun to read.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's crazy how one word can bring on so may memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, when ever i see a cool whip bowl in the fridge and it has cheese in it (instead of cool whip) i think of my grandma letting us have a piece of the dogs cheese for a treat:))))))))))

    ReplyDelete