Thursday, August 26, 2010

Trash It!

It's Thursday! Which means tomorrow is Friday, which means after work I get to go to South Haven!!! And that means that I get to see one of my sissies and her two adorable daughters (sissy has a blog too! Check it out, she writes about remodeling their first house and being a young hott mama) my mom and daddy and my little bro. I'm just a little bit excited, if you couldn't tell.

Any who, on to what I actually sat down to write about...

Varia Studio Images
Have you ever heard of a trash the dress photo shoot? I saw pictures of one a long time ago, way before I was married or even engaged, but since then has been something I've been interested in doing. For those of you who don't know what one is, it's pretty simple. You wear your wedding gown and pose for pictures in non-traditional places, without really concerning yourself about what is happening to your dress.

There are a couple of reasons I want to do a trash the dress shoot.
  1. They're creative and look like they'd be lot's of fun 
  2. When am I ever going to where my wedding dress again?
  3. I just really want to...do I really need any other reasons 
ERB Photography

    I think it would super fun to do one with my sister, but we have a third sister, who is not even close to being married yet, so do we wait for her, just have the photo shoot with the two of us, or go to a vintage shop and buy her a dress to trash with us? Hmmm....
    Hien
    I only have one hesitation, and it's going to sound vain, but I LOVE my wedding dress, it's timeless and elegant, and I feel like maybe someday I could have a daughter or someone who would think it was really special to get to wear it...I know that probably would never happen. Reality check Jamie, what girl wouldn't want to go shopping for her own special dress for the best day of her life?!

    8 comments:

    1. I love trash the dress shoots, so awesome!

      Would it be bad to do this with my dress for my wedding that didn't and wont happen? ha!

      ReplyDelete
    2. That'd be my problem...loving my dress too much.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Ha! Amy...I think you should do it, if you don't think you'll wear it at your future wedding!

      Megan, I do love my dress, but it's just going to sit in the box, if I don't do it. At least I'd get to wear it again!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I think you should trash it... the pictures would be so fun and they would last forever.....

      ReplyDelete
    5. We are def. trashing them. BUT. . . Ally has to be in. She is what we have to figure out!

      ReplyDelete
    6. JAMIE! I've been wanting to do a trash the dress session FOREVER, so if you decide to do it... please let me be your photographer! I would even come to Chicago if you wanted to do it there or maybe Lake Michigan would even be cool...

      By the way, your wedding dress really was gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete
    7. You should all (sisters) buy a cheap vintage dress and do it some time. I think that would be so timeless and fun! Christ or I could not fit in my mom's dress (believe it or not it was size 2!) but she cut it up and made special outfits and blankets and stuff for her grandkids when they were babies. Just another thought for your wedding dress!

      ReplyDelete
    8. ok, jamie, let's do it. i don't have anything to lose, don't really see myself wearing this dress ever, and it's beautiful! let's get a photographer, split the cost, have a martini and have a blast! =)

      ReplyDelete