Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dex & Gerry























For my birthday, Tim gave me Dex, lovingly named after Stargate Atlantis' Ronon Dex. He's an active little guy, and I think he wants to be a daddy. He's been building a bubble nest, which Tim Googled and found out, the male's bubble nest is where a female would lay her eggs for the mail to protect. And did you know it only takes 24-48 hours for Beta fish eggs to hatch...Tim wants to breed Beta fish now. He's crazy, he doesn't have time to breed fish, if he's not working he's killing zombies with water coolers or providing cover for the 12 year olds he plays Modern Warfare with...

You may remember seeing Gerry the giraffe on my blog before...my wish came true, my momma and daddy gave him to me for my birthday! Yes, I had a really good birthday, and I know, you're sick of hearing about it. He's from Anthropologie, well actually he's really from Haiti, where he was handmade from recycled materials. The pictures make him look like he blends into the wall more than he does in real life, that's probably because I took them with my laptop because, I was too lazy to find my camera and cord, and go through the uploading processes. He's hanging in our dining area for now, I'm still not totally in sold on him staying there. I think he'd look good hanging on dark orangey-deep red bedroom walls.

1 comment:

  1. LOL The mental image of Tim breeding betas is really priceless. I never want to let go of this mental image. I'm just gonna sit here with it for a few minutes...

    ReplyDelete