Monday, January 10, 2011

Wicked Awesome!

Photo via the Leisure blog on Chicago Tribune
















Cross it off my list. I got see Wicked on my birthday! It was such a great show. All of the actors did a fantastic job. I love musicals, so I know I would love it. I think I need to get myself the soundtrack! Plus the Cadillac Palace Theater is beautiful. Sometime I wish they still made such ornate and beautiful interiors. I wish I could show you some pictures of the inside, but photography was strictly forbidden.

For those of you who don't know or haven't heard of Wicked here's the synopsis.
Long before Dorothy drops in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two unlikely friends end up as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch makes for the most spellbinding new musical in years.

One of my favorite things about living in Chicago, though I don't go to as many as I'd like, are all of the shows and concerts that are available to go to. Besides seeing Wicked this weekend, we also went to IO Theater, an improv comedy club. Tickets were cheap too, $14 for three shows! If you're visiting Chicago, and want to experience something a little less touristy and little more local, I suggest checking it out!

1 comment:

  1. I got to see Wicked when it came to Durham last year. I LOVED it! Going to see the Lion King next week and I heard it was good too so I'm super pumped.

    $14 for a comedy club? That's awesome!

    Congrats on marking something off your list!

    ReplyDelete