Sunday, March 27, 2011

#1 thing I should NOT do while pregnant

Normally, I love Facebook. But I'm beginning to think that while I'm pregnant I shouldn't be on there. Why? Because it seems that a TON of my female FB friends are also pregnant, and their statuses usually have to do with their pregnancies, and then I inevitably find myself comparing mine to theirs.

This has already lead to me having one nightmare. You see there is one girl, who is a few weeks behind me, who has already heard her baby's heart beat. I haven't heard our belly monster's heart beat yet, in fact at my last appointment a could of weeks (11/12 weeks) when the doctor tried to find it, she couldn't. I wasn't freaked out about this, until I read that the above mentioned girl had heard hers.

I wasn't freaked out because, before my doctor even tried to find the it she said, "It's still pretty early, you're right on the cusp, but since you're on the skinny side, we might be able to hear it." and when she couldn't find it she said, "Don't worry, I'm not concerned. But since this is your first baby, I'm sure you're nervous, so you can either come back in two weeks and we can try with the doppler again, or we can order you an ultrasound."

I went with the ultrasound, we go on Tuesday! I'm excited to get to see our little love bean. Lesson learned, #1 thing I should NOT do while pregnant is compare my pregnancy to others. It's not worth the nerves, and if my doctor isn't worried, says I'm completely healthy and that everything is looking good, I should trust her.

1 comment:

  1. Correct. You should not worry :) I hope everything goes well today!!

    ReplyDelete