Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cage the Elephant


















Last Sunday, Tim and I went to see Cage the Elephant at The Vic. Generally, Timmy and I have very different taste in music, but these guys are one of the few bands that be both really really like and can listen to with out arguing. If you're not sure who they are, they're probably most famous for their hit "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" or you may have heard their newest single "Shake Me Down". In case that doesn't ring any bells, Tim says they could be compared to the White Stripes, just faster.

I freaked out a little bit while waiting in line, because they were making a big deal about not bringing cameras in, and of course I had mine. They didn't let the first 8 people in the door because they had them. So of course I was freaking out, because you know goody goody me, I don't like to break the rules, and they were checking bags so I wasn't extra nervous. Tim was laughing at me. Luckily, it's winter and I had a bulky coat on so, I just stuffed my camera in my coat pocket and all was fine. I got in without any problems, but I still never took any pics once I was in there. I'm totally kicking myself in the butt for that.
















It was probably one of the most energetic shows I've ever been to. No props, just super rambunctious performers. The lead singer (second from the right in the above pic) did his first of many stage dives during the first song. He didn't let up the whole show, and he didn't get any breaks during slow songs, because well they don't really have any slow songs. The show ended with him climbing to the top of the speakers, which were about 15 feet high, and then diving into a sea of fans. It was epic! And it was really cool to see how much he trusted in his fans, or maybe it was that he was so high/drunk that he thought he was superman or something. Either way, it was totally awesome.

If you like alternative rock, they're a fun show to see. I just found out they're playing with The Black Keys and Florence + The Machine (one of my faves) at the Milwaukee Summerfest on July 6th. If we hadn't just start that darn budget I'd totally buy a couple of tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment