Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Design Design Design

I have a few of design projects I'm starting!! All 3 of them are invitations, and since it's my dream to make a living from design wedding and occasional invitations, I'm very excited to take on these projects.

First on my to do list, are two open house invitations. One for my little brother, I can hardly believe he's graduating this year. The other is for a the daughter of a close family friend. I'm very excited to work on both of them. I've started sketching and think I have a concept for both :) I'll give you all a sneak peek when they're finished!

My third project (and the one I'm MOST excited about) are my littlest sister's wedding invitations. Her and her prince (this is what she calls him) are getting married in August. I've done a few rough sketches, but I'm still waiting for the "ah ha" moment. So far, my sketches are looking way too similar to the inspiration pieces. And we can't have any of that. Below are three invites we're using as inspiration, pulling one or two things from each of them.




























The wording is going to be a lot like #1. Loving the line "almost as thrilling is the opportunity to invite those we love, like and patiently tolerate"

I'll be mixing typefaces and using lines, shapes and glyphs like in #1 and #2

The RSVP card, or should I say cards will be similar to #3

Her colors are very different from the ones above - yellow (think sunshine and marigolds, not baby chicks and Easter eggs) red (think candied apples) and blue (I think this is more of a turquoise/aqua blue, but I should probably check with her on that one).


invite links here

1 comment:

  1. I love these! Your sisters wedding colors sound awesome! (btw I'm blogging again ;)

    ReplyDelete