Saturday, September 10, 2011

Love Bean Update: 38 Weeks

Last week marked making it full term. Today we hit 38 weeks! Love bean could come at anytime, but I'm hoping she'll hold off at least through the weekend. My daddy, brother and brother in-law are all at "man camp" and I'm going to the Renegade Craft Fair with my friend Rachel. Feeling really good this morning, so I think I'm safe. Actually my gut tells me she isn't going to come until after her due date, and from what I've read, that's totally normal for first time pregnancies.

Hospital bag is packed, nursery is complete, bassinet has a fresh sheet, freezer and pantry are stocked with easy to prepare meals. I still have a few things on what the hubs is calling my "nesting to do list"
  1. Laundry (this really needs to get done, but I've been out of quarters and it's a pain to walk down 2 flights of stairs 9 months preggo with a laundry basket on your hip)
  2. Clean and rearrange our bedroom
  3. Organize the coat closet, or should I say junk closet. Hubs was suppose to take a bunch of stuff out there and down to storage like 3 weeks ago, but it hasn't happened...
  4. Organize bathroom closest, I'm coming to terms that this probably won't get done, but it'd be nice
So the wait is on, but I'm not complaining. Sometimes I just get so anxious and nervous about labor/delivery and life after baby that I want her to take as long as possible before making her debut. I have strict instructions from the hubs though, "don't fight it, it will only make it worse." What do men know about carrying a child anyway?

My new boots came! I was super excited, until I tried them on and realized either my feet and calves are really swollen, just fatter now or I just ordered too small of size. I plan on trying the on again after love bean arrives, then I'll determine if I need to exchange them for a bigger size. This is why I hardly ever shop online...it always turns into a big hassle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment