Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NICE Assignment: Give Thanks

This week's NICE Assignment, is a pretty obvious one with it being Thanksgiving and all, but I think especially in today's culture it's so easy to take things/people for granted and never express our gratitude.

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for many many things. 2010 has been an amazing year. But I want to give a special shot out to some special people in my life...
  • Tim - Thanks for just being you, I cherish every day that we have together. I'm so blessed to have been able to marry my best friend, the one who makes me laugh, wipes my tears and tells me everything will be alright. Today and always, I'm thankful for the love we share.
  • My parents - Two of the most understanding, wise and open hearted people I will ever know. I'm thankful for the childhood you gave me, the lessons you taught me and the continued love and support you show Tim and I.
  • My sibs - All three of you, I'm so lucky to have been blessed with not only sisters and a brother but "3 best friends that anyone could have" I'm thankful for the time we spend together and I admire the strength and perseverance you all have in embracing the obstacles in your life. 
  • My in-laws - I'm thankful for the man you raised, your welcoming me into your family as a daughter and your continued love and support you show us.
  • MKL - I'm so thankful I went to lunch with you that one day in Taggart. Honestly not sure how I would have made through college without you. You're an amazing woman, friend, advisor and designer. Please move to Chicago so we can be together forever and always :) 
  • Andi Jo, Raelin and baby -  I'm thankful for laughs, smiles and joys you bring everyone in our family. I love you all so much! Thanks for being there so Nanner doesn't beg me and Uncle Timmy to have a baby. I promise I'll give a little cousin to pick on someday.

1 comment: