Friday, November 11, 2011

Memory Box(es)

I'm not really much of a scrap booker, so as an alternative, I stole the memory box idea from my sister. You can read about the box she's making for her little princess over at her blog, Peach Pits and Grass Clippings.
 Since I haven't decided how I want to decorate the box yet, for now it just has her name on it. Inside the box are tabbed dividers labeled with each month of the year. At the end of every month (so far just September and October) I'm going to write on a card special things that happened that month. So for instance, the September card has her birth date and lists people who came to meet her. On the other side of the card, I'm going to make mini scrap book pages. September's just has her hospital picture. If there are any little keepsake items from that month, they'll go in too. Like her hospital bracelet and identification card.

September and October's cards weren't very creative...I'm sure this will be the case with other months to come. Not every card from now until she graduates is going to be a masterpiece.

Working on Love Bean's memory box, got me thinking about the memory box Tim and I have. It's full random stuff from when we were dating. I put together a mini collage of some of the items in there; cards, pictures, ticket stubs.
Also, I found this gem in there....pretty sure it's one of the first pictures of us ever taken. We were real hotties weren't we? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Aww, this is too sweet! & that picture of you & Tim looks like it was taken in the 80's for some reason... maybe it's Tim's hair? haha Now I want to go home and look through my box o' memories!

    ReplyDelete