Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. de Lara

My littlest sister married her Prince back in August. I had the honor and pleasure of designing their invitations! Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think they turned out pretty great.
As you can see, it's totally typographic, which I love. The bride gave me a little bit of direction. She showed me some pictures of stuff she liked, picked out the wording (it's definitely not your traditional wedding invite wording!), and knew she wanted a typeface that had variation in the thicks and thins. For all my designer friends...I used Bodoni and Helvetica Neue. Fun fact: it was the first (and only) time I used Helvetica on a project since swearing not to ever use it at the beginning of my Senior year of college.  

The RSVP cards, which you can see a peek of in the picture above were two separate cards, rather than one card with check boxes for yes and no. I also designed programs, table numbers and place cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment